November 20, 2007

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming ...

I'm trying to make it to the end of the semester. While CPE has been good, it's also been extremely draining. This past weekend I had the longest day (as a counterpart to my longest night). I journeyed with four different families and eight little babies through various situations in the NICU. Four of the little ones did not make it.

And I'm done. I'm spent. It's taking me longer and longer to recharge after difficult on-call shifts. And I have three and a half weeks and five on-call shifts left. I've started the countdown.

For now, I'll watch Finding Nemo and make paper snowflakes and somehow find the strength to just keep swimming ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

float on your back and scull....about as restful way to stay afloat that there is. Thinking of you. Grateful for your ministry. Praying for strength and compassion and energy. Blessings.

Elaine (aka...Purple) said...

(((Emily))) Prayers for strength, grace, and wisdom these next weeks.