November 10, 2007

Recharging

After nights like this and generally working long hours in a hospital at the crossroads of new life, trauma, tragedy, and death, I needed to recharge and get centered and in a place to continue such work (at least until the end of this semester).

So, this week I have
  • slept long hours in my own bed
  • read an entire book for fun
  • jumped on a trampoline
  • enjoyed the fall weather (that has finally arrived)
  • consumed yummy food and much needed margaritas
  • gone to the movies
  • ignored some deadlines in order to do these things.
And it has been wonderfully renewing.

I will be ready to return to the hospital on Monday.

2 comments:

KnittinPreacher said...

Good for you! Enjoy this weekend of rest and renewal as well.

Whitney said...

I'm glad you're getting some serious self-care. You deserve it!