July 26, 2007

Getting Through

Things continue to get worse in the ongoing drama of the conflicted mess at the church, especially since I was thrown into the middle of something I should not have been.

So I'm having a difficult time being here and finishing up this internship.

But I'll make it through ... moment by moment.

"It is not hard to live through a day,
if you can live through a moment.

What creates despair is the imagination,
that pretends there is a future,

and insists on predicting
millions of moments, thousands of days,

and so drains you
that you cannot live the moment on hand."

~ Andre Dubus

I'll make it through the next 17 days moment by moment. I'll make it through the next 17 days because I have amazing friends who are supporting me. I'll make it through the next 17 days by holding onto the really good moments of laughter and shared meals and margaritas. But most importantly, I'll make it through the next 17 days because God is bigger than this.

5 comments:

Elaine (aka...Purple) said...

I found your blog through RevGals and am in a similar position. I finished my internship in May. I did another two months which will end in a couple of days.

Prayers for some spacious space for you in these next 17 days.

Anonymous said...

Oh, my - one day at a time, sweet Jesus...God is bigger indeed...read Psalm 85..lament and assurance.....see you soon, friend.

KnittinPreacher said...

I hate that your internship is ending on such a hard note. My prayers are with you for the next 17 days (is it maybe 16 now)? Call if you want to talk.

What I'm remembering this week "All will be well, all will be well..." can;t say I believe it some days, but it is a good breath prayer...

Jan said...

When things seem especially awful, stop, take a deep breath and ask yourself--(1) Am I safe right now? and (2) Who is in charge?

Remember, even such difficult times are learning experiences (and you think "blah, blah, blah"). You'll make it. Take one day at a time, one hour at a time, one minute at a time.

1-4 Grace said...

Hope you make it through yet another moment and then another.
So sorry you have been thrown into something you should not have.
I really want to get myself groudned somewhere and then have an intern to parner with , to teach and to learn from and to watch God's work in transformation happening. I have prefernece of a certain seminary. :)
But, anyhow, thanks for the grilled cheese and tomato sandwich. Love your sermon and the thoguths on dying. You are so cool! :)