June 17, 2008

My Summer Vacation in My Summer Home

It's been a month since I've posted (and with good reason).

I'm on vacation right now. I'm not anywhere exotic sipping fun drinks on the beach.

I've simply declared June my month of vacation. I'm staying in my summer home (aka the apartment of friends who are abroad). I'm sleeping long hours and waking to the sounds of birds rather than my alarm. I spend my days reading fiction, watching DVDs, working out at the Y (if I can muster up the motivation), catching up with and hanging out with friends, and just plain relaxing.

I can't remember the last time I had a true summer vacation. So I thought I would get one more in before I officially enter adulthood and the work force and full time ministry.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds great! I hope your month off will go by peaceably and slowly. :)

1-4 Grace said...

Brilliant. I ma proud of you for taking some time. Hope you will continue to do this once you are in a call. It is not only for your own good, but for th good of the church you serve and simply being a good steward of the gift of you.

1-4 Grace said...

just popping in to see how vacation has been and what is next on the horizon for you. :)

Di said...

That sounds fantastic.