April 05, 2008

This is bigger than me

I've been struggling with the call process recently ...
  • doubting that the committee structure is a good one
  • anxious about time and dates as graduation continues to creep ever nearer
  • deeply saddened that a church I really felt called to has decided to discontinue our conversation
And so I practiced some good self-care; I went to the movies with a friend and laughed and laughed. Horton Hears A Who ... good stuff. Wonderful imaginary characters and, as it turns out, some deeply theological messages. From believing without seeing and hearing to acknowledging that there are things in the world bigger than we are, it was good all around.

There's nothing like a whole box of Junior Mints (right before dinner) and a "children's" cartoon movie to help make a gloomy day better.

And so I was reminded:
This is bigger than me. This is not bigger than God.

2 comments:

Elaine (aka...Purple) said...

Emily...I do hear you. The process many times leaves little to be desired. Good for you for doing something for yourself.

meganhoeksema said...

hang in there! I am glad you got in some cinema-therapy. :) Just remember that God has your life planned out to come back to MI. lol. Kevin is wearing off on me.