February 07, 2008

Balance

I need balance in my life. I need to escape the seminary bubble and interact with people who don't spend all day in the classroom or the library studying God, theology, and things divine.

This semester I am getting that balance on Thursday afternoons. In the afternoon, I head over to the local YMCA and teach a dance and gymnastics class for 3-5 year olds. For an hour or so, I worry about somersaults and cartwheels, first position and plie.

I laugh as they tell me stories about nursery school or getting a shot; they laugh as I make silly faces at them on the balance beam; we all laugh together as we walk as crabs and bears across the mats.

And my life seems balanced again.

3 comments:

KnittinPreacher said...

Now you know why I run away to the preschool so often. What a CUTE picture!

Elaine (aka...Purple) said...

Good for you.

bethany said...

they are at least as lucky to have you as you are to have them!