June 18, 2007

Words Never Before Uttered By a Pastor

"I'm bored!"

It may be hard to believe that a pastor (or even a pastoral intern) working fulltime at a church would ever utter these words. But I have. Multiple times. Last week and already this week.

I. am. bored.

The boredom is the result of numerous factors:
  • During the summer, internship church has a much lighter schedule. Many programs take a break and either cut back or stop.
  • Internship church has never had a yearlong intern before. They have a nice list of things for a summer intern to do and experience. However, seeing as how I've already been here for 9 months, I've completed said list.
  • I'm already starting to prepare internship church for my departure - it's only 2 months away. There is not another yearlong intern coming this fall. I am slowly cutting back on the various things I've taken on this year so as not to shock them with it all at once in August.

Therefore, I am bored.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe this will help the boredom somewhat...you're tagged again!

Revmom54 said...

you.are.wise.
To begin the transition - for your colleagues and for yourself. I'm sure you will find somethings to do - how bout a book - a "work related" one, to read while "on the job?"

Just an idea - hope you are able to enjoy the change of pace a bit, really.
Sarah

Anonymous said...

hey biggie. i've been bored all week myself. i'm so far ahead that i don't have a darn thing to do for next week either. aauugghh!!