May 08, 2007

I can only take so much

The week so far:
  • organist resigned effective immediately by letter on Sunday morning
  • choir director resigned in person on Monday
  • emergency personnel committee meeting this afternoon

  • house I am living in does not have A/C
  • I was supposed to move to condo on the beach this afternoon, but that fell through unexpectedly on Sunday evening
  • therefore I live with the windows open ... but that means I woke up to a house that smells like a campfire because the wind has brought the smoke and ash from the Georgia wildfires down to Florida
When will it be Saturday?

Vacation cannot get here soon enough!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what is going on with the staff at your church?
was there a scandal?
saturday is coming soon!
we can't wait to see you~

Revmom54 said...

ENOUGH ALREADY.
Glad you are getting away.
You are engaged in experiential learning of the highest order.....
Sarah

bethany said...

smoke and ash is no good. my friend and i were hiking the day the big fire started here in L.A. and ashes kept falling on us. i think breathing smoke is not a fabulous thing for the lungs. :) have a wonderful vacation!!