February 08, 2007

Help

I came home from work on Monday to a cold house. I discovered that the pilot light had gone out in the heater. Being an independent chick who has grown up with a gas stove, I tried to relight it myself.

Didn't work.

At this point, I was hesitant to try it again and potentially have large flames emerge in a house that was not mine nor even a church member's. After a few minutes of hating to bother someone, I decided to call a church member to come over and help me out. He was happy to do so. He came over and he was able to relight the pilot light on the first try, doing the exact same thing I had done.

He was glad to have been able to help. It was a good reminder for me to ask for help.

1 comment:

bethany said...

good word. this is something i continually am working on (asking for help, not lighting pilot lights) ;)