February 05, 2007

Hello Again Recap

Life has been busy. It really hasn't stopped too much since Christmas. And so I've been negligent about posting on my blog. So here's a recap of some highlights in the life of Emily:
  • Getting to preach the incarnation on Christmas Eve = amazing! However, trying to celebrate Christmas with my family the way we've always done it was pushing it. I realized that Christmas traditions will need to change drastically when I become a pastor.
  • Internship church secured new housing for me since I had to move out of the senior citizen community (not because I was kicked out, but because the lease was up ... in case you were wondering). New housing is the house of a local college professor who is on sabbatical. I moved half my things over one day after work and the plan was to move the rest over the next day on my day off. I tried to wash my hands after moving day one ... no water. After a few days of playing phone tag with the home owners, the water was turned back on. In the meantime, there were a few days when I would go to three houses after work: the two houses I was living between and the pastor's house to care for his cat while he was on vacation in Mexico. This made me feel like the keeper of the keys.

  • A Friday night in January I managed to misplace my keys three times within an hour. Yep, that sure confirmed that I was stressed out and exhausted from work stuff.
  • I gave the invocation at a local park dedication on a Saturday in January. Who knew a park dedication ceremony could take an hour and a half? But I did get to help cut the ribbon with fancy scissors :)
  • I helped lead session training last weekend. Led the group through some team building activities. They went well, but it was interesting to facilitate them as they had never done anything like this before.

No comments: