August 12, 2006

The summer in review - in words

I had a choice between two really great internship placements. One was extremely attractive for its outward package (condo on the beach for housing, etc) and was recommended by many friends as a good placement and the internship I should do.

The other didn't call much attention to itself (small congregation in small town in Mississippi); yet this is the one that called to me. And I am so grateful that, after much struggling, I chose to go to the second internship. It was the place that God had called me to and I was a good fit for the congregation and the congregation was a good fit for me.

Over the past ten weeks, I've done a lot. And I can't really put words to it all - I thought it would be easier when I started this post. So maybe I'll just say it simply.

I've learned.
I've grown.
I've discovered.
I've loved.
I've cried.
I've laughed.
I've prayed.
I've seen.
I've listened.

I've experienced congregational ministry and loved it.

So my summer gets five out of five stars.

No comments: