August 06, 2006

Packing procrastination

I don't want to pack. Packing makes leaving real. Packing would force me to acknowledge that my time here is almost done. Packing is just not fun.

And so I've been procrastinating:
  • I made cards for all the children and youth and sorted pictures from our activities to include with the cards
  • I've taken a nap
  • I've stared at my stuff, willing it to pack itself
  • I've cleaned out the frig
  • I've studied for ords
  • I've caught up on all my emails
  • I've studied for ords some more
  • I've agreed to babysit the next door neighbors tonight
  • I've stared at my stuff some more ...

2 comments:

KnittinPreacher said...

Where are you next? I'll be praying for your suitcases to pack themselves while you do more fun things. You could bring the kids to your house for some packign games...

Johann said...

Hey. You don't know me, but google knows you. I'm pretty much not wanting to pack right now, to return for another semester of homework, so I'm keeping myself occupied by searching for random sites, and for stuff like "Packing procrastination."
That last search brought up this entry. And I'm pretty much doing the same, staring at my pile of clothes and books, attempting telekinesis to pack them.