June 13, 2006

By day: pastor, by night: ...

bug killing terror.

I've found that another thing to adjust to in the South - besides the heat and humidity of the summers - is a side effect of the warm weather ... huge bugs, particularly cockroaches.

Due to the lack of cold weather in the winter, bugs are not killed off. They continue to grow ... like the three inch roach I killed tonight when I came home from work. And he's not alone ...

A family of cockroaches seems to think my pool house is a great place to live (which I happen to think, but I am also unwilling to share it). I'm starting to lose count, but I believe the current tally is

Emily: 6
Cockroaches: 2

I will win this battle ...

Update as of June 20th -
Emily: 12
Cockroaches: 2

1 comment:

Dancing with God said...

I am a huge fan of the death spray. It has definitely helped me pull way ahead. However, I've used it so much in the past few days, sometimes I can taste it in my mouth ... gross!