December 21, 2007

Done. And done.




I'm finally done. I've made it to the end of the semester. And this time it feels like quite the accomplishment.

I've survived an extended unit of CPE and even learned some things along the way:

  • Nap early and often. You never know what will happen later on in your shift (just smooth out the pillowcase before laying down on it - it'll produce less sleep lines on your face that way).
  • Hot fudge sundaes really do heal all manner of things (3pm or 3am - for this I was thankful that there was a McDonald's in the hospital, even though it seems quite contradictory).
  • Laughter is excellent medicine (thank you to the Ellen show and funny kids' movies).
I've made it through another two classes - one that seemed pointless and one that was fun. By the way, writing a 20 page paper the week it's due is not necessarily smart, but it can be done.

I've even completed all of my paperwork for my last hoop before I start searching for a call. I really hope the committee reads all 42 pages of my packet, because it was a beast to put together during these past busy weeks.

And now I'm finally ready to be home (even though I've actually been in Michigan for the past five days).

I'm done and ready for the festivities and family, the food and fun.

2 comments:

Elaine (aka...Purple) said...

Do enjoy...you've earned it.

Sue Densmore said...

Congrats, Emily! Dance away the holiday.