October 17, 2007

CPE and the Introvert

It's no shock to anyone who knows me that I'm an introvert. I like being around people and being social. However, at the end of a long day or when things are stressful, I really want to be by myself and curl up with a good book or veg on the couch or zone out and knit.

CPE is forcing me into lots of solo introvert/recharge time. I spend my days at the hospital meeting a whole slew of new patients and am drained. I return home and hole up in my place.

So it feels like when I'm not at the hospital, I'm either recovering from being there or preparing to go back. I'm (only) at the hospital two days and one overnight shift a week - roughly 30 hours/week. But right now it seems like CPE is controlling the way I live my life.

1 comment:

Elaine (aka...Purple) said...

I can so relate. Even a busy "regular" day with lots of people drains me. In my internship church we had two services with Sunday School inbetween and fellowship afterward...I was a zombie for the rest of the day.