October 02, 2007

And the world spins madly on ...

(pound, pound, pound, pound) MAINTENANCE!

(pound, pound, pound, pound) MAINTENANCE!

I was awoken this morning at 11am by this racket on my door. Maintenance had come to change the filters in the heating and cooling unit in my living room and bedroom.

No, I wasn't being particularly lazy this morning. I was recovering from being on call last night at the hospital and getting roughly three to four hours of sleep that was punctuated by two adult deaths and a perinatal loss.

I had hoped to sleep for four hours this morning. But I was roused from my sleep and reminded that my student world and the world in general spins madly on even though it seems to stop and be disconnected while I am at the hospital.

1 comment:

1-4 Grace said...

Hey!!!!
Do they still mow grass like all the time?
I remember grass being mowed in the middle of various classes, during quizzess, and when i tried to sleep after being on call.
And it was LOUD!!!!!!
What plesant memories. I swear they mowed grass or either blew it off the walks all the time.
I am smiling to think of it.