December 09, 2006

It's beginning to look a lot like ...

summer.

At least that's what it feels like to me as I sit in my living room and look out the window to see green grass, trees full of leaves, and bushes with new blooms. This Florida weather is messing with my internal clock.

I have a hard time remembering it's December. December used to mean bundling up with coat, hat, scarf and mittens to brave the Michigan cold and snow. And even though I've spent the last two years in Georgia, at least there it got colder. And there was the great ice storm of January 2005. That day we even went "sledding" down the ice covered hills on campus.

So this warm 70s and even 80s weather in Florida is just not cutting it for me in December. And I've had to create a December feeling inside my house. I keep the condo cool (there's no need for heat anyways) so I can wear flannel pajamas with penguins at night. I play Christmas CDs and close the blinds so I don't see all the greenness outside. And I bake ... and I bake ... and I bake.

And now it's beginning to feel a little like December.

2 comments:

KnittinPreacher said...

wow! I'm impressed by the baking! I have a cookie exchange next week if you need a place to send some cookies. If it makes you feel any better, it will not be below freezing here today.

Anonymous said...

welcome to florida. i can relate. except for the baking...i'm more about the eating.